What is EZWebGallery about ?
EZWebGallery is a free automated web galleries generator, designed and programmed to fulfill the following goals :
- EZWebGallery has a high level of usability, even for beginners,
- The generated galleries has full web standards compliance so they can run properly on all kinds of computers and mobile devices, including iPhones and iPads,
- The photos are automatically resized to fill the available space on the visitors’ screen,
- Using a smart caching system, the photos are displayed lightning fast,
- No compromises are made as far as the photo quality is concerned in order to satisfy both amateurs publishing family pictures and professionals who demand top notch quality,
- The generated galleries are fully customizable and it is possible to create, download and reuse skins,
- The gallery generator runs on most popular OSes. As of now it is available on Windows and Linux. A Mac version is coming shortly.
Why should I use EZWebGallery and some other free photo album generator ?
You can easily find plenty of other fine pieces of software generating web galleries. However, none of them has all the features described by the previous answer. For instance, Simpleviewer is an extremely easy-to-use generator producing really good results. Nevertheless, the produced galleries are based on Adobe Flash and can be watched neither by iPhone nor iPad users. Furthermore, these galleries are hardly customizable.
Thus, if you think that all the previously enumerated features are important, only one choice remains : EZWebGallery ! :p
How does it work ?
Quite simple. Using our software running on your computer, you design your own photo album. When you’re done, press Generate and voilà ! All you have to do then is upload the resulting files on your website and it’s done.
Actually the design phase can be quite short: at a minimum, just indicate the folder your photos are in and where you want EZWebGallery to put the generated gallery. But you can also spend some more time by adjusting some display parameters, providing a legend to the photos or applying a provided skin. You can also create your own skins !
Which web browsers are you supporting ?
A generated gallery is fully compliant with the following browsers : Internet Explorer (6+), Firefox 3.5+, Chrome 3+, Safari 4+ and Opera 10+, including their mobile counterpart running on mobiles targets such as iPads / iPhones and various Android phones. Furthermore, the gallery will adapt itself to the capabilities of the visitor’s environment. For instance, browsed by Internet Explorer 6, the most primitive browser supported, the gallery is fully functional. But using a more advanced browser supporting HTML5, some advanced display option will be automatically activated, resulting in a more polished experience.
What do I need to use EZWebGallery
The gallery generator can run smoothly on any modern PC. You can get a Windows (XP, Vist, Seven) version or a Linux version. Tested with Ubuntu (from 10.04LTS) it should also run fine on other recent distributions. A MacOS X version will be available in the near future. On the server’ side, the generated galleries require PHP with the GD library. Those are provided by default by most hosting services.
Do I have to pay something to use EZWebGallery ?
EZWebGallery is a Free Software!
What can I do if I stumble upon a bug ?
If you notice a bug, you can file a report. In order to help us, please provide the following information :
- Summary: Enter a short but descriptive text explaining the bug in a few sentences.
- Affects Version : Indicate the version of EZWebGallery affected by the bug. Of course you should try the latest version to verify that the bug hasn’t be squashed and is still present.
- Environment : Enter a detailed description of your operating system, screen resolution and browser if the bug affects the generated galleries, and not the gallery generator itself.
- Description : A longer text describing, step by step, the minimum amount of actions required to reproduce the bug. Mentioning the expected outcome as well as the actual outcome is also a necessary step to gain a mutual understanding of the problem. If you can, attach some screen captures or a copy of problematic dialog boxes.